Good evening all,
Welcome to the first email of the 2018-2019 Rugby season. Please pay special attention to the information contained within this email as it will make your life a lot easier…
Training will take place at The British School of Paris, Senior School from 20:00pm-22:00pm sharp every Wednesday evening. The school address is 38 Quai de l’Ecluse 78290 Croissy- sur- Seine. It is accessible from RER A direction Saint Germain-en-Laye and the stop is Le Vesinet Centre. The school is a 20min walk from the train station.
In order to train at the school you will need to provide me with a photocopy of your passport/ID (only for new players) so that you can be placed on the security register. If this is not done you cannot enter the school.
Training is on a synthetic surface which takes a stud so please bring boots and running shoes to each practice.
Without a licence you cannot represent the club. In order to get a licence you will need to email the following documents to Ale Donada at email@example.com
- Copy of your passport (only for new players)
- Medical certificate from a French doctor stating that you are “apte à jouer au rugby en compétition”
The generous fee structure offered by the club covers your licence, post match food, basic kit (shorts, socks, top). Please ensure that fees are paid in full or a payment plan is set-up with Louis Corbic (details below) before the season begins. No payment = No licence= No selection.
- People in full time employment: 230€
- Students/ unemployed: 115€
Please note the following important dates for August & September:
- Weds 29.08 Training begins at the BSP 20:00pm
- Sat 08.09 Pre-season friendly 1 against Happy Ours more information to follow
- Sat 15.09 Sun 16.09 Preseason training Camp at Les Cascade. This will be an overnight stay 20€ per person (2 per room) if you want a room or free accomo if you are happy in a joint ‘dorm’. We will be organising transport for those who need it and although the club will cover some of the cost of the weekend there will be a surplus of approximately 30€ which will cover transport and meals. Please let me know if you would like a room on a first come first served basis as well as if you need transport. We will train in the am, play a game in the pm and then do some team building fun (beer drinking) activities with a BBQ in the pm on the Saturday. Sunday will be relaxed with a possible light run followed by lunch and departure.
- Sat 22.09 Pre season match 2 vs BIGS de Vincennes more info to follow
- Sat 29.09 First league game
The club is kindly sponsored by The Bowler Pub 13 Rue d’Artois, 75008 Paris. Feel free to pop in at any time to support our generous sponsors and most particularly post games with spouses, partners, friends and family, all are welcome and having a beer together is ingrained into the ethos of the club!!
As a club we use SportEasy to share information about games and trainings, please sign up to the app on your phone and join the British RFC Paris.
Important contact info:
The club is run through the help of a committee. These players have put forward their time to help make all of our rugby experience less stressful and more enjoyable. If you need any information what so ever please contact the relevant person:
- Richard Woolf (President): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manny Bouscasse (Vice President and team management): email@example.com
- Brendan McCann (Coach): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mariano Podgaetzky (Coach): email@example.com
- Ale Donada (Licences and team management): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Louis Corbic (Finances): email@example.com
- Luke Curtis, Nick Sanders and Party Pierre on Team Management, Social and Advertising/ Marketing who you will hear from in good time…
Lastly I would like to welcome new players and welcome back old players to the BRFC family and look forward to a fantastic season in a club steeped in tradition, history and heritage. Old players and alumni please feel free to contact us and drop in if you are in town, the invitation is an open one… See you all on Wednesday.